Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Seven Words

I bent my knee to pray today, but there were seven words I couldn’t say!

I easily thanked God for my Children, my family and my friends, and for my wonderful Savior who’s mercy knows no end.

My health and my home and all He has given, my very life, now transformed into a life finally worth living.

As I thought of all this my soul became sober, so free, so blessed, no more burden to shoulder.

Then the Lord showed me all the rubbish I still dragged along, this flesh not yet surrendered to the grave in which it belonged!

So I mustered my spirit, and again started to pray, but these seven little words still proved daunting to say.

Then in a moment of surrender confidently declaring, Lord in You the victory is won!

NOT MY WILL, BUT THINE BE DONE!

1 comment: